aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Workout Wednesday: Fitness Confessions

Fitness. I'm going to be honest, I love working out. I love the feeling of pride mixed with exhaustion you get after a hard workout. I have been working out regularly 3-6 days a week since my senior year of college in 2009. 
However, something has changed in my viewpoint of workouts these past few months. It is something that I have been fighting admitting for a while. Workouts for me now are punishment for eating sweets or something I have to do to "get skinny." I know that I am not overweight and do not have to workout daily. But what I have is around 20 pounds to lose to get back to my “happy weight.” One of my New Year's Resolutions. These pounds are not due to my lack of workouts but have been gained due to overeating. 
Please hear me out. Here is the cycle: Snack on candy at work, enjoy one to many rolls at dinner and then have extra slice of pie for dessert. This leaves me lethargic and not looking forward to my workout the next morning. Instead of hitting the gym the next morning I sleep in vowing to hit the gym after work. After a long day at work going to the gym is the last thing on my mind and I rarely go. Another bad habit that has added extra pounds is that I have a tendency to snack mindlessly. I always have the urge to munch on something almost all the time, while watching tv, when I get home for work and after dinner.  
In trying to break this cycle we are minimizing the amount of snack food in the house and I have made a plan for my meals including snacks. I am beyond ready to start 2014 on the right foot! 
In addition to planning out my meals I have started to include more gym classes into my workouts. The energy of the instructor and class always gets me excited to break a sweat. 




Signature

4 comments:

  1. Group fitness is the way to go! You also make little connections with instructors and other people in the class that start to notice if you miss so that holds you accountable. I've found when I'm working out a lot I crave healthier foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bad snacker too and always reach for chips! I hate working out with a passion but I'm trying to be positive and incorporate it more into my life this year. Good luck with your goals and have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the exact same way - I work out regularly but always end up sabotaging my workouts by overeating or eating the wrong things. The only thing that has worked for me the past couple of years has been counting calories on My Fitness Pal. I'm hoping to get away from that and be more of an intuitive eater but I can't seem to do it on my own. Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have fallen into a similar pattern with the holidays and traveling. It's been hard and I'm trying to dive back into my regular work out routine now that I'm home. Hope you can get back into it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.