aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Friday, January 31, 2014

Five on Friday

Today does not feel like Friday today at all! Students have been out of school since Tuesday afternoon and we are on a three hour delay today. The joys of bad weather in the south. The snow has been beautiful so I'm not going to complain too much. Here is a few things that are on my mind this Friday.


1. Around Christmas I began searching for a new perfume. I got a sample box from Sephora that allowed me to sample tons of fragrances to help me decide on the perfect one. I fell in love with Chloe perfume. The scent lasts all day and has wonderful floral notes. I also just saw it made Allure's list of top ten romantic scents. Check out the list here. I always enjoy being reinforced when someone else likes the same thing I do. So I'm glad to see I made a good choice!

2. Pinterest has a new "interest" page. Based on your activity on Pinterest it complies your favorite topics and shares thinks it thinks you made me interested in. I think it is neat and rather creepy at the same time. My page is heavily fitness related along with lots of recipes and a few fashion links. I was proud to see the school psychologist and behavior links on their too! 


3. Due to already missing school three days this month, a makeup day has been planned for this Saturday. I am dreading spending my Saturday morning writing reports and reviewing files. My plans for a long run Saturday morning followed by breakfast at the farmer's market will have to be postponed until next weekend. Or I just might play hooky... we will see! 

4. I was able to get in two early morning workouts this week. I did not make it to the local gym due to the weather. Thankfully I have a large selection of DVDs to work out at home. My favorites currently are the Beach Babe workouts by Tone it Up and  Killer Buns and Thighs by Jillian Michaels.

5. I picked up a new hairbrush from my salon last time I got my haircut. It is a de-tangling brush for wet or dry hair. This has been a lifesaver for my thick long hair. I am always fighting with knots after my runs or a workout and this little brush has eliminated the breaking of my hair when I try to brush it. I would highly recommend it to anyone with long or thick hair. They carry a very similar one at Target you can check it out here!



What has been your favorite thing this week? Mine was watching the snow fall Tuesday night. 

Signature

8 comments:

  1. I am loving the interest page on pinterest! it's kind of funny for me they throw in some randoms! lol
    Love the girls from tone it Up! Have you been watching their bravo series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo that you all have to make up work on a Saturday! Guess it beats a gorgeous sunny day in June though? Hope it flies by and you enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about those detangling brushes! They seem awesome! I normally wear my hair in a bun or braid when I run because it turns into a TOTAL mess. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep skipping over the "new way of viewing Pinterest" each time it prompts me to explore it. Guess I'll try it out next time! My favorite thing this week was watching the snow too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Favorite moment of the week was 4pm today when I RAN out of the office ;) Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding yummy new perfumes...my favorite currently is Tory Burch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've ever seen that type of brush before! My hair's too short to tangle but my little sisters could use some help in that area!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loooove the Sephora fragrance sampler - I received it as a bridesmaid gift several years ago and have given it to many people since then. It's so fun to try out all of the different scents before committing to one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.