aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Friday, January 10, 2014

Five on Friday

It's Friday y'all and thankfully we made it to the end of the work week! Friday also means my favorite post of the week. Five on Friday! So here we go.
One. I finally broke down and purchased a new pair of  workout leggings. I am so glad I did just in time for the "polar vortex". I picked up a pair of Wonder Under pants at Southpoint last weekend and have been wearing them almost daily since then (I promise, not to work!). My previous pair of Luluemon pants were destroyed by my cute puppy when he decided to make them into his new chew toy. 

Two. There were some amazing deals at the Lilly Pulitzer sale was this week. I am beyond thrilled to have gotten a dress and a top in one of my favorite prints. 

Three. I stumbled across this article on the myths of how the brain works and how they have no place in a classroom. Unfortunately, so many teachers  have fallen for these myths. Students are not solely aright-brained or left-brained learner or just a visual, auditory or kinesthetic learner. Each student has the ability to learn through numerous ways.  Ultimately, education practices should be "based on policies, initiatives and interventions that have been tried, tested and shown to work has the prospect of offering our children the best possible start to their lives."  Yay, research! 

Four. Today I start Advocare's 24 Day challenge. I have learned the hard way that you can't out train a bad diet. In my journey to get my diet on track I am going to challenge myself to 24 days of clean eating and no cheats. Do I think these pills are a quick fix to my weight loss? No way. What I do hope is that they will supplement the work I am putting in through diet and exercise. I also found an awesome meal plan to go with it here
Five. This Bible verse sums up my desires for 2014. It is going to be a great year and I can't wait to see where His path takes us! 

Hope y'all have a great Friday!!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE that print! It's even on my desktop background at work haha Happy Weekend to you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute top you got!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new leggings (I have lived in leggings this week...I mean all winter) and that Scriptural truth! Hugging you! Happy Friday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Lilly top is super cute - what a good find! 2014 is going to be awesome, SO glad I found your blog! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy friday!! i love running pants like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that verse at the end, we were just talking at my church about how this year is going to be an amazing year! Visiting from the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fellow Carolina Girl, but I'm in VA now :( I found you in the link up & I thought I would say hi, so HI! Leggings are great & much needed during this crazy weather. Also, I love the verse that you added. It is important for us to remember that HE has a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I just found your blog through 5 on Friday. I am thinking about trying some wonder unders--I have GOT to get more leggings for pure barre. I like that Lilly print you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Wonder Unders! I started w. capris and got a pair of the leggings last year. They're perfect to double as thicker legging w. boots & cute outfits, too. Good luck w. the Advocare challenge. I've contemplated trying it a couple times but haven't made the jump yet. Look forward to hear more about it. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After buying a new computer, I had to resist the Lilly sale! I love the top you got, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is Advocare? I've heard about it, but am honestly a little too lazy to figure it all out. Curious to know what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.