aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, January 20, 2014

Fitness: January 20- 25


Today I am thankful for another long weekend. Working in the school system has it's perks, one of them is long weekends and spring break. This weekend we headed home to Wilmington to celebrate my grandmother's and dad's birthday. It was nice to get away and see friends and family.

Of course with celebrations, there was lots of rich food, drinks and desserts. I had to pass on them this time around which I got some strange looks due to my love of all thinks dessert related. I know it will all be worth it in the end!

I am on day 8 on the Advocare 24 Day challenge. The plan has great tips on how to make the most of your cleanse and really focus on getting the proper nutrition through your food. Here are 10 tips that can help you make healthy choices even if your not doing a cleanse.


Also, eating every 2-3 three hours helps keep your metabolism high and keeps you feeling full. I find that if I eat a small breakfast, mid morning snack and then a bigger lunch it keeps me satisfied and I don't snack as much at night.

Along with focusing on my eating, I am keeping up my cardio with marathon training! Today is week three of marathon training. Chances for snow this weekend is going to make some of these runs very interesting! I am going to start trying to work out in the morning at my gym to up my strength training. I have been awful at working out in the morning. Hopefully, getting to a class will help!

Weekly Workouts
Sunday: Rest Day
Monday: Upper Body/HIIT Intervals & 4 miles 
Tuesday: Body Pump & 3 miles 
Wednesday: HIIT Intervals 
Thursday: Body Pump & 6 miles
Friday: Rest Day
Sunday: 10 miles

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.