aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Patriotic Food & Fashion

I hope you all have fun plans this 4th of July!

We have a fun long weekend planned with lots to do. On Thursday, we are hosting a 4th of July beach day and cookout with my parents.  We also have friends visiting from out of town  for Thursday and Friday. Then Saturday night is the wedding of a childhood friend. 

Luckily, our beach cottage is the perfect location for catching multiple firework shows at night. I am looking forward to catching some rays during the day and lots of fireworks and sparklers st night. Since we will be outside most of the day enjoying company, we wanted to keep everything simple so we will be having a cookout.  I made sure to include several  patriotic themed side dishes and drinks!


Flag inspired fruit and cheese plate


How cute is this tray? I am sucker for fresh, seasonal fruit and make it patriotic themed on top of it and I just swoon.  Some people love a perfectly grilled steak, I love a nice fruit tray.. what can I say?

Berry Crumble Ice Cream


I whipped this ice cream up this weekend so I would not have to worrk about it and have snuck a few bites and it is delicious. I sure hope my guests love it as much as I do!

Blueberry Smash



Gosh, I just love the name of the drink Blueberry Smash! I have seen several drinks recently with St. Germain in it and can't wait to give it a try. 

Below is a little outfit inspiration for the fourth for you all. :) I will be wearing something very similar at our cookout. 

4th of July


4th of July by sweetcarolinabelle featuring rachel pally

Happy Independence Day!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.