aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Food & Fitness: July 21- 27

              Something about summertime brings out the urge for lighting up the grill. We have a charcoal grill which is wonderful for crisping vegetable to charred  perfection. So, this week I am determined to light up the grill and cook dinner myself! In review of last week's  menu our favorite dinner was the baked ziti. I doubled the recipe to have a freezer meal and to incorporate the abundance of produce we have currently. I am already looking forward to enjoying the extra casserole later in the season. 
Food

Monday: Crockpot  BBQ Chicken Tacos

Tuesday: Turkey Spinach Roll Ups

Wednesday: Honey Lime Grilled Chicken

Thursday: Grilled Pizza 
{via}

Friday: Girl's Night Out

Fitness
        After trying again this week to conquer a long run and then refusing to get up at 5am  to beat the heat I have decided to put my half-marathon training on hold. I know lots of runners brave the 90+ heat. However, I was feeling burnt out and was just running to cross it off my training plan. It was not bringing me much joy. I have decided that for my current goals that training for a half-marathon should be on the back burner and that's okay. I still hope to train for a half-marathon in November when the temperature drops back down a below to 75 degrees at 5am. 
       Since my focus is changing, I have decided to complete the Insanity training program! Insanity is a 60 day workout video program that focuses on max interval training.  Max interval training emphasizes intense 3 minute circuits  with short rests in between. This is the opposite from traditional interval training which you typically have difficult sprints for short amount of time. The workout plan is set up so that you complete  them 6 days per week, with one active recovery day. In addition, I am going to be supplementing the workout videos with weight training. 
Workout Schedule 
Sunday: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Monday: Cardio Power & Resistance 
Tuesday: Cardio Recovery w. Strength Training
Wednesday: Pure Cardio 
Thursday: Plyometric Cardio Circuit  w. Strength Training
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Cardio Power & Resistance  w. Strength Training

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Best wishes,
Ashley


3 comments:

  1. I think you made a good decision - I could never train for a long race this time of year. It really is a lot harder on your body! Those recipes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great workout plan to do!! I've been needing to find a plan for myself but just avoid doing it lol. The heat was torture last week. I attempted to get some workouts in but it was just too uncomfortable. Granted that may put me a little off track but I'd rather workout when I can fully enjoy it. I'm loving all these meals too. My brother in law always makes chicken tacos when we are visiting. I had never heard of them before!

    New follower!
    happinessisntadestination3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, it all looks delicious! I have been wanting to start running again but have decided to wait also. The heat is just too much to handle. I am very excited for some nice runs in the cooler weather though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.