aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Weekend Review: School Psych

This past weekend a few close friends from graduate school came to visit me in Wilmington. We were together in the same School Psychology cohort  at East Carolina University. Now that we have graduated and moved across the state we try and get together at conferences and training during the school year. Since school is out for summer it was about time we had some fun together!

Friday night we went out for Mexican and margaritas at K38.






We spent the rest of the night gabbing and catching up. I taught the girls how to do the cups song from Pitch Perfect. I learned it as a camp counselor years ago so it was fun to teach it to a new crowd. I will not submit you to a video of us trying to sing but just imagine it sounded just like this :)


Charlie was a great host too! He had gotten a haircut for the occasion. He ate up all the attention and the falling crumbs.


On Saturday morning, we ventured out bright and early to try a Pure Barre class. It was most of the girls first time trying a class and by the end of the class we were all feeling the burn! In true yogi fashion we treated ourselves to coffee at Starbucks after class.

The remainder of the morning and most of the afternoon was spend laying out by the pool. The forecast had been predicting thunderstorms and rain for most of the weekend. Thankfully we lucked out with beautiful sunshine all day.


I got the chance to try several new appetizer and drink recipes this weekend. Thankfully they were both hits! Blueberry cheese dip and St. Germaine sangria both of these feature my  current favorite fruit blueberries! Recipes to come tomorrow :)



That night we headed to dinner at South Beach Grill. If you are visiting Wilmington or Wrightsville Beach and looking for a laid back local restaurant with wide menu that includes seafood I highly recommend South Beach. We shared an appetizer of seafood nachos which were smothered with crab and shrimp. Everyone loved their entrees too. The hit of the table was the seafood mac and cheese which was so huge and rich it could have been split between the four of us!


After dinner, we headed out to the beach bars. It was so much fun to have a few drinks, listen to live music and dance the night away.


We enjoyed a lazy Sunday morning complete with Bojangles before everyone had to pack up and head home. It was a blast hosting all of them this weekend and it has made me excited for future cookouts and dinners at our place soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love how close you become to people in your grad school cohort. No one understands the trial-by-fire like they do! I know my grad school friends are still my best. Looks like you girls had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starbucks makes every thing better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.