aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fruity Summer Recipes

There is something to be said for enjoying local fruit while it is in season. I have been known to finish off a  watermelon within a few days. The same can be said for my love of local strawberries and blueberries. Below are two recipes featuring blueberries that I whipped up this weekend which were both a big hit.
Blueberry Cheese Spread
(We ate it all up before I could get a good picture!)

Ingredients
1 cup blueberries
8 oz cream cheese
6 oz blue cheese crumbles
2 chopped green onions
1 clove garlic-minced
1/2 cup toasted pecans

Mix cream cheese, blue cheese, garlic & onions until softened. Gently fold in blueberries and half of the chopped pecans. Place mixture in serving dish, cover and chill over night. Cover mixture with remaining pecans before serving. I served it with pretzel chips and whole wheat Ritz crackers. 


Summer Sangria

Ingredients 
1 Bottle Pino Grigio
1 Cup St. Germain
1 Peach 
1 Cup Blueberries 

Stir ingredients in a pitcher or carafe. Soak for approximately 15 minutes (or longer if you’re patient.) 


Best Wishes,

Ashley

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I love sangria! I have a good recipe for you- I made it last week! It's a peach-balsamic pizza. Get a pizza crust, drizzle with olive oil, spread goat cheese on it, add peaches, basil, and mozzarella and then drizzle with balsamic reduction. Bake according to crust directions- it was DELICIOUS!

    Just found your cute blog! Stop by mine and say hi!

    I also have a giveaway going on right now, so be sure to enter to win!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.