aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, July 29, 2013

Food and Fittness: July 29- August 3

Food
I'm going to be honest, the end of the month is always clean out the fridge week at our house. The grocery budget is typically maxed out so there are no more trips to the store until payday. Fortunately, we have a small garden to supplement our pantry staples and frozen foods. Based on what we have on hand here is our dinner menu for the week. 

Monday: Santa Fe Chicken

Tuesday: Southwestern Tilapia

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Salsa Chicken

Friday: Burgers and Corn on the Grill
Our produce box is delivered on Thursday afternoons and I looking forward to grilling out again this weekend! One of our favorite things this summer has been grilled corn so easy, healthy and delicious!

Fitness
        Changing my focus from running to Insanity was such a great choice! I am now on the second week of the Insanity training schedule. This past week I tackled each workout at least once. I have been so sore but in a good way! My favorite video is the Cardio Circuit. In the video, you complete two different series of circuit drills for three rounds. There is a 30 second rest between each round. Each workout in the circuit focuses on a different skill and muscle group. So, when your arms are exhausted from push-ups you get a break next exercise with plank work. It makes the 40 minute workout go by so fast!  In addition to Insanity, I am going to continue to add strength training this week. 
"It's very hard at the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit."

Workout Schedule 
Sunday: Pure Cardio
Monday: Pylometric Cardio Circuit 
Tuesday: Cardio Recovery w. Strength Training
Wednesday: Cardio Power & Resistance w. Strength Training
Thursday: Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs w. Strength Training
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Fit Test w. Strength Training

Best wishes,

Ashley

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post! I am a newer blogger and follower and felt like this post is so similar to my husband and I. We get to the end of the month and use our garden even more and try to clean our the fridge and freezer a bit before doing more shopping after pay day. I'm glad to see you like insanity. My husband is a firefighter and some of the guys at the station like that workout so I have thought about trying it. We are trying to increase our running because we are doing a couple races soon, but I might try insanity once I'm done training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quote; it is so true! I'm glad you're liking Insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hubs and I were just talking about how I need to find new tilapia recipes! Definitely pinning that!
    Your blog is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.