aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend Recap


Ah, the first weekend of the summer! It truly came and went so quickly. This weekend we headed to Fayetteville to visit Joe's family. We spent Friday catching up with his sister and nieces.  On Saturday we adventured out to Fuquay Varina. We took my mother in law thrift shopping and explored the local markets. There were some great finds on furniture that would have been perfect in our home. Unfortunately, we had no way of fitting it into Joe's tiny Honda. Now I am determined to find some great deals in town. If there is an antique store or estate sale nearby you better believe I will be there! Sunday we headed home and spent the day catching up on home projects. We planted a vegetable garden and are starting to see produce!
The start of our vegetable adventure

 Last week, we had home grown lettuce and kale. This week I am hoping to have vine ripened tomatoes! The night was spent watching the passing summer showers and catching up on Mad Men. We are still a few seasons behind so please no spoilers! 

Just a side note to end... this is my current view while writing this post:

Sleepy Charlie

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! 
Best Wishes,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.