aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Food & Fitness: July 7- 13

Last week I was vacationing with my family at the beach. We enjoyed sun filled days and warm starry night. With that came lots of delicious new recipes and drinks to sample, taste and share. (Stay tuned for a full post soon!) After a week vacation and break from eating healthy and exercising, I was more than ready to make a food and fitness plan for this week. I find vacations to be so hard to recover from at times. However, I am hoping that with great recipes and intense workouts I will be back at it in no time. 

Food
    This week's dinner menu is going to be all about keeping it simple and healthy. Last week we enjoyed many indulgent, rich meals and I am ready to get back to clean, healthy foods! I typically eat very clean enjoying lots of fruits and vegetables. However, while on vacation I relaxed my eating and indulged in many different things I typically don't eat. Isn't that what vacation is about? It was nice to indulge my sweet tooth and try different things however, I am ready to get back to clean, healthy foods! Tuesday is my 26th birthday. Joe is surprising me with dinner but that is all I know for now. Friday a few friends from grad school are coming in for the weekend! We will be going out Friday and Saturday night for dinner and drinks.

Monday: Seared Ahi Tuna Salad

Tuesday:Birthday Dinner


Wednesday: Quinoa Stir- Fry with Vegetables

Thursday: Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti

Friday: Girl's Night Out



Fitness
Sunday: Rest Day 
Monday: 3 miles 
Tuesday: 5 miles
Wednesday: Interval workout  & strength 
Thursday: 5 miles
Friday: Interval workout & strength
Saturday: 7 miles

      My goal for July is to try and incorporate more interval training into my workouts. Interval training is such a great, quick way to get a good cardio workout without spending hours at the gym. Because I am currently training for a half- marathon my workout schedule is mainly running. I really want to take advantage of interval workouts for cross training. Tabata or interval training focus on intense cardio for shortened periods of time followed by rest. This type of cardio has been shown to burn more fat in a shorter amount of time than steady state cardio. Tabata intervals have set periods of work and rest. For example,  20 seconds on then 10 seconds off repeated 8 times for a total of 4 minutes. The circuit could be completed 3-4 times after a good break. You can find some of my favorite go to interval workouts here and here .

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Best wishes,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.