aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Workout Pause

This week has flown by so far. I spent a wonderful and busy weekend celebrating Joe's 30th birthday and spending time with my mom shopping the Junior League Shopping Spree. Unfortunately, my ankle did not appreciate all the activity that came with the festivities. My lower leg was swollen and sore. I have been in and out of doctors this week trying to figure out why my ankle is not healing correctly. For now the diagnosis is a pulled tendon and sprained ankle. The prescription- a boot, rest and ice. This thing is bulky and cumbersome. Start physical therapy Friday and hope to get an estimate on how long it will take to heal.

Believe me this is extremely frustrating. I am not the type to rest. However, I know that if I continue to push myself I may just injure it more. Hoping for more insight Friday. Since this thing really prevents any strenuous cardio activity my game plan is to focus on nutrition (still a huge weakness) and work on strengthening my upper body. Kelly Ripa arms here I come!

Also, if anyone has any fashion tips on how to style this thing I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

14 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! So sorry to hear this, love! Hope it heals quickly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I know how it feels to wear a boot...hang in there! Make sure you stay as active as you can and be aggressive with your physical therapy for a speedier recovery! I had an ugly gray boot that I just had to bear with... #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you've got to rock the boot!! Here's hoping you have a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully you'll recover quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ughh, so frustrating... but you're right, you need to rest to heal! Hopefully you get more answers this week... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your injury! Definitely take all the rest you need and I hope you feel better soon! #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no!!! I had no idea you had an injury, I'm sure all the resting is probably eating at you. Get well soon and prayers for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no!!!! Hope you heal quickly!! Definitely onto the arms and abs workouts for a little while.....or just totally rest and heal up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! So sorry to hear about your injury! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog via Weigh IN Wednesday. So sorry about your injury. Wishing you a speedy recovery! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh boy I have nothing for you in regards to the boot but work on those arms......get stronger and build that upper body. Also if that stays swollen you may want 2 get another opinion from another doctor. Want to make sure it isn't more serious than a strain. #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no! So sorry to see you've been booted! I was in a boot for 7 weeks earlier this year and it was so annoying! Hope you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry for your injury. I hate being forced to rest because of injuries...I would also say to work on arms and abs while waiting for you leg to heal. You will be stronger once you can return to normal activities :) #wowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eek! Rest up! I'm sorry you are being forced to take a break but the nutrition piece and arm workouts will help tremendously!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.