aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend Happenings

Morning loves! I woke up in a rush this morning because my body thought it was Wednesday! Since it is a super short week and we only have two days of work I have a lot to do! Let’s rewind a bit to this weekend.

Friday night after work, Joe and I headed on a date night to NOFO at the Pig in Raleigh. There was a NOFO in Wilmington which closed a few years ago so I was excited to visit a familiar restaurant in a new location. NOFO did not disappoint. The restaurant prides themselves in using farm to table ingredients and promoting local small businesses. The restaurant is located inside an old Piggly Wiggly hence the name NOFO at the Pig. The upstairs is an eclectic shop which features unique children toys, local crafts and even baked goods.





After exploring the adorable shop we headed down to dinner. Joe and I enjoyed several drinks with our appetizer. I had a seasonal drink created with local ingredients called hot wassail cider. It truly tasted like the holidays in a warm alcoholic drink! I had never had wassail before and it really took me by surprise how much I loved it. We split the blue cheese wontons for an appetizer. They included mango compote on the side which stole the show. After dinner we merrily headed home to watch Hunger Games: Catching Fire.


Saturday was dedicated to gym time and errands. I still love Pure Barre classes and try and go once a weekend. I am hoping to improve my flexibility as I struggle to reach my toes most days. For dinner, Saturday night we enjoyed blackened Mahi Mahi on seasonal salads. I am loving Harris Teeter’s premixed salads which come with mixed greens, nuts and berries as toppers and a complementary dressing. I always lean toward the cranberry broccoli slaw and Joe loves the fiesta mix.



After church Sunday, we put up our Christmas decorations while watching football. I tend to keep décor minimal since there is very limited space in out apartment.  We have our Christmas tree and stockings. I am also hoping to figure out a space for our nativity scenes collected from our travels. I am already excited for next year hoping that I can go out decorating our new home!


We also took time to see Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Sunday afternoon. I enjoyed the movie especially since I love seeing what I read in the books being shown on the big screen. I hate that they split it into two parts since the ending leaves you hanging. I also feel that they have a lot of explaining to do before wrapping it up in the next movie. If you have seen the movie what do you think?

Another question for thought. How do y’all feel about putting up Christmas décor before Thanksgiving? Since we travel a lot on the weekends I want to enjoy Christmas for as much as we can. So I feel no guilt in putting it up a few days earlier.


Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

7 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun & relaxing weekend! & Hoooraayy! for the short week!! :) And I am a tried and true "real Christmas tree" buyer...and I don't see them out until Thanksgiving day or so.... so we decorate after thanksgiving. But I see no shame in others getting their decorate on before the Holiday!! I say celebrate this wonderful season as long as possible! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a couple people complaining about having to wait until Part II for the Mocking Jay but I haven't even seen any of them. Thinking I should start reading them and then maybe by then Part II will be out and I can just have a marathon for them. I ended up getting our Christmas stuff put up slowly in the last two weeks since we are spending Thanksgiving in SC and won't be home until Sunday evening, I figured it would be more convenient to have it up and we can enjoy it longer. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to put my Christmas decorations up! I wish I had had time before Thanksgiving but hopefully they will be going up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took my English classes to see it Friday morning, and I loved it! I do agree--I hated that they split it into two parts, but I do think they stopped it at a good place in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see Hunger Games! Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE NOFO. I am going to see Mockingjay on Friday. I wasn't thrilled that they split it either but I'm trying to keep an open mind. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That restaurant looks so cool! I love places like that with a lot of character! I can't wait to go see the newest Hunger Games movie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.