aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Recap

Welcome back to another work week! I am feeling rested and ready for another week. Pretty much the opposite of what most are saying since we lost an hour yesterday. I think it is the combo of the beautiful weather we are having and the extra hour of sunshine each day. I loved being able to not have to wake up in the dark.

This weekend was the perfect mix of activities paired with lounging. I feel like I say this a lot but it truly is the best way to spend the weekend. Friday night Joe and I stayed in and caught up on our current favorite primetime show Gotham. Saturday I woke up early and got in a good workout at Pure Barre as well as a long walk with Charlie. I am loving that the weather has been nice enough to enjoy long walks during the day. The highlight of our day enjoying lunch at Tupelo Honey. We enjoyed drinks and a mix of southern inspired small plates. Thanks to making reservations we did not have to wait at all for a table and our food appeared quickly after we ordered. I was amazed with the speed of service. I'm sure it is because of the need to turn around tables quickly. Even though we never felt rushed during lunch.

Housemade Sangria 

Small Plates 


We split grit cakes,  egg rolls and wontons all with a low country twist. The egg rolls were our favorite as they were stuffed with Carolina style pulled pork and served with a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce. After lunch, we walked around Cameron Village and finally took the time to get my wedding rings resized. Funny story: my wedding rings haven't fit since the honeymoon when they got stuck and we had to pry them off with dental floss. I was scared to death at the time that we were going to have to go to a hospital and have my rings surgically removed. Thanks to a quick Google search paired with an ice bucket and dental floss Joe was able to pry them off my swollen fingers. Since then, I have been wary of wearing them together and have been just wearing my wedding band. I am happy that I will have the set back together.


Sunday started up bright and earl with a trip to Rise Biscuits and Donuts before church. I had been wanting to go forever but never made it there. (This happens with me a lot!) I mentioned it at church and someone suggested we all go before the early service. I enjoyed a glazed blueberry wonut which is a waffle mixed with a donut. It was delicious! It tastes similar to a Bojangles Boberry biscuit just 100x better!

Blueberry Wonut

Rise Biscuit 

The extra sugar motivated me to get out on another walk after church to make sure I soak up as much vitamin D as I can! The rest of the weekend was spent doing laundry and watching a mix of NASCAR and House of Cards. I absolutely despise laundry specifically ironing. So it all gets piled up until Sunday when I will just power though and iron everything for the week at once. I have a steamer but it doesn't quite get the wrinkles out like ironing does.

Anyone else loath ironing? Let me know what was a highlight to your weekend?


Linking up with the lovely Biana, Bella and Ashley
Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like y'all had a really delicious weekend! I'm curious about this "wonut" thing now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This extra sunshine has me recharged too! There’s just something about it that makes me happy and gives me that little extra boost of energy! That drink looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now I'm drooling!!! So happy you are going to have your rings back on soon!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my steamer! I haven't used an iron in years. Of course, if I could afford it, I would take everything to the dry cleaners so I didn't have to do laundry at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious! I've never been to Rise, but I'm definitely interested in trying it out soon. I hate ironing. The worst. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.