aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, September 15, 2014

Stretching Out Summer

This past weekend Joe and I headed to the beach to visit my family. We were able to stretch out summer and get in one more beach trip on the boat! Even though the forecast called for storms most of the weekend, we crossed our fingers that the rain would stay inland. Thankfully we were given a hot & sunshine filled day for most of Saturday! That morning I hit the pavement early and got in 10 miles for my half marathon training. It was one of the most humid runs I have been through this fall and was soaking wet once I returned to the house! Once we all got ready, mom, dad, Joe and I headed to the beach with Charlie and Chloe in tow! So thankful for the beautiful skies we enjoyed until around 2 when the storm headed our way. 


Here's a little flashback- last year vs this year. Charlie has grown!

Sunday we headed to Britt's Donut Shop in Carolina Beach for breakfast. We were not the only ones with this idea. The line for these delicious treats was almost 30 minutes. The wait was well worth it and I was happy to indulge in a delicious hot donut.  We split 2 dozen between the four of us and ended up having plenty to share!
 


Mom enjoying her one of many donuts!

After our late breakfast, Joe and I packed up and headed back to the triangle. We are dog sitting Chloe for a few weeks so we had a car full of pups and dog toys! It is going to be an interesting time in out apartment with these two buddies! 

Weeknight Menu





Linking up with three wonderful ladies MegKatie & Tara
Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, I adore Britt's doughnuts! They are always worth the wait. Glad y'all were able to catch some sun and sand before the storms came in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those donuts do look pretty amazing, Ashley! I'm so glad you enjoyed some beach time after your long run; that sounds like fun! As always, I love the look of your recipes for the week; hope you have a great one, and thanks again for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love September beach trips...I feel like you appreciate them so much more since you know it's one of your last of the year. The donuts look delicious too...as does your menu for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little jealous that you got to squeeze some more summer out of the year! I'm truly not ready for fall yet, but it's here. And that comparison picture from this year versus last is adorable. What a cute pup! (Lara at Uptite Mamas)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend!! Your menu for the week has me drooling - definitely stealing a few of those recipes to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gonna make those pesto shrimps soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.