aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Gossip & Snacks

Hope your Monday went by quickly. Work has come back in full swing and I am loving it. I am also loving the announcement of a second royal baby.  I may be a bit obsessed with the Duchess of Cambridge’s style and am looking forward to seeing how she styles baby bump number 2.  

Onto today's post which has nothing to do with pregnancy! Instead today I'm talking about losing weight instead of gaining it. I am constantly working on making healthier choices. This is a lifestyle for me not just a diet regimen. I am pretty open about my diet and making healthy choices being the stumbling block in my weight loss. I have learned that the key to ensuring I make healthy choices throughout the day is to be prepared.  Y’all already know I map out dinners on Sunday to help with planning. I also make sure my pantry is stocked with healthy choices. This helps when I am in a hurry and need to grab something on the go.  When I am in a hurry I reach for whole ingredient snack bars that help curb hunger until I can sit down and enjoy a meal. 

One of my favorite bars is the Kind Bar. They are made of all natural whole ingredients including nuts, fruits and whole grains.  They are a good source of protein and healthy fats with 7g protein.

Lara Bars were one of the first snack bars I tried when I decided to start eating healthier in college. I love that their bars only contain fruit and nuts. My favorite flavor is the Key Lime Pie. I love the fresh tang of the limes. It has 4g of natural protein and is under 250 calories.


Perfectly Simple Bars are a new find to me.  They only contain only 10 wholesome ingredients which are all recognizable. If I am running late in the morning this bar is my go to snack.  My favorite flavor is the oatmeal chocolate chip. These bars have 10g of protein and are under 200 calories.

If you are craving something sweet as a snack I highly recommend Clif Z Protein bars. Yes, these are for kids but they also make a delicious snack for adults. The bars feature only organic ingredients, have 5g of protein and are under 150 calories. 



What is your go to snack when your in a rush?

Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. Eeee! I am so excited about Kate and bebe 2 too!! YAY!
    These are all so good. Another brand I love is think thin...mostly because the peanut butter chocolate kind tastes like dessert! So rich! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.