aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, August 18, 2014

Weekend Rewind

Oh how I wish I could re-wind this weekend. It was the perfect mix of on the go and rest. I'm a busy bee at heart which is the opposite of Joe so we balance each other out quite well. We started the weekend early Friday with a late lunch and drinks at a local restaurant in Morrisville- Page Road Grill. It was nice to enjoy refreshing cocktails on the patio out of the heat of the day. 
Saturday morning began with my first run with the training group at Try Sports. I will be running with them while I train for a half marathon this fall. I'm excited to push my pace and get faster this race season. I'll be sharing more on my training this week. After my run, Joe and I headed out to Umstead State Park. We completed a short 2.5 mile loop through the park. The trail was shaded and surprisingly cooler for the middle of the day. 


We wrapped the day up with dinner at Relish in Raleigh. This was our second time trying Relish out and it did not disappoint. They feature southern inspired entrees and sandwiches. I enjoyed the vegetable plate which had fried green tomatoes, broccoli salad, fresh corn and a side salad. Joe had the chili cheeseburger with house fries. Somehow we saved room for dessert  including chocolate chess pie and banana pudding which was just like homemade. 
 

Sunday I took Charlie on an early morning walk around our neighborhood. Then we spent the day catching up on work and watching the race (Of course!). 

That afternoon we headed out to a Durham Bulls game. I enjoy watching sports a lot more in person. 
 

I'm sad to see the weekend go especially since I start back to work tomorrow. It makes it better knowing we have great things planned for this week. I'm excited to start another year with the Junior League of Raleigh. We are also going to enjoying Restaurant Week downtown Friday night. 

Dinner Menu
Monday- Junior League Dinner @ Cantina 18



Wednesday- Chicken Fried Rice 

Thursday- Grilled Pork Chop and Peaches Salad

Friday- Date night @ 18 Seaboard 

Linking up with Biana and Leann for today's post. 
Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to be training for a half marathon soon too! Good luck with yours! Mine is in January.
    -Morgan
    California To Carolina
    The Gym Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone I know was at the Bulls game last night. I love Relish, their grilled cheeses are ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i found another NC blogger! :) i went to tons of DB games as a kid when i lived in the area. glad i found ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def looks like the perfect weekend! Love going to the ball park. That pie looks delicious :)

    Thanks for linking up with MMG!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.