aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday Five

Alright, I made it through my first full week with students. Settling into my role has been interesting this week but overall I am enjoying it. My commute has been cut down to 15 minutes and I can make pit stops at Sheetz whenever I am having a rough morning. It’s a little easier on my wallet than Starbucks. They offer fair trade coffee and a variety of healthy options for snacks including fresh fruit and vegetable packs.


  
{One} Drinking. I am still loving Trader Joe’s Sparkling Water. (I shared my new find Monday.) Looking forward to trying all their flavors!

{Two} Munching On. The chicken and sausage casserole I tried this week for dinner was a hit. I eliminated mushrooms from the recipe and added broccoli. It ended up tasting a lot like a broccoli, chicken and cheese casserole. I am glad I put my fears of casseroles aside and gave the recipe a try.

 

{Three} Wishlist Worthy. Suede Tassel Booties. I have resisted purchasing booties for years now because I thought it was a trend. But it looks like this style is here to stay for a while. Also, I am in dire need of new shoes since mine are 3+ years old and walking on concrete floors daily has worn the soles out.  A bonus is the tassel embellishment on these shoes. Love em.


{Four}Currently Loving. I found this adorable print yesterday while reading la petite fashionista's blog. It has me singing "These are a few of my favorite things.."

{Five} Coming Up. Hip hip horay! Bring on the three day weekend. I am headed to Wilmington to help out with sorority recruitment.  I was a Delta Zeta at UNCW. My husband and I actually met through Greek life. A lot has changed since I went through recruitment (ahem, social media). However, I still enjoyed a laugh from this post- Akward situations that happen at rush every year. Now that I am a mentor I completely see it through completely new eyes.

Linking up with Lauren ElizabethClareKarli & Amanda

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

5 comments:

  1. I hope recruitment goes well and that you have a great trip! I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That casserole looks good, you'll have to share the recipe! Have fun with sorority recruitment - always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for Fall weather outfits and shoes!!!! That casserole looks really good! Have fun with recruitment the Greek life was a great experience for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love those booties! Now I want a pair. :) Haha. I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love that print and that casserole looks delish! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.