aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Meal Planning: Clean Eating Challenge

Since summer is right around the corner (52 days until school is out but who's counting?!), I have been trying to clean up my diet and make healthy choices daily. It is all about balance for me; I try and maintain a 80/20 perspective when it comes to my diet. 80% healthy foods and drinks and 20% indulgent foods and drinks. This mostly helps with cravings and has worked to minimize my feeling of deprivation from some of my favorite decadent foods like ice cream and cupcakes (my weakness is cream cheese icing).

That being said within the next few weeks I have some big event's going on! Next weekend is one of Husband's best friend's from college wedding. Then the weekend after that is my best friend's birthday celebration at Bald Head Island. I also have a few wedding showers, baby showers and graduation parties to attend! I really want to feel and look great for these events. So I have decided to challenge myself to a 5 day clean eating challenge. My meals and snacks mainly based  on Tone it Up's 5 Day Slim Down. I have had the meal plan for almost a year now and love the emphasis on clean, healthy recipes!

Here's a snapshot of  a day's meal. I will be having the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day and then switching out dinner so not to get bored. For snacks, I will be having a grapefruit in the morning and then a protein bar or protein shake in the afternoon before the gym.

Breakfast

Lunch
Dinner Ideas
Lemon Pepper Chicken with steamed broccoli or green beans

Tosca's Tilapia  with sauteed Asian vegetable medely


1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.