aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, February 6, 2017

Easiest Potluck Around

Good morning everyone! Today I am sharing a ridiculously simple and delicious dip which I brought to a Super Bowl potluck this weekend. It is a spin on the classic Rotel Cheese Dip which is always a huge hit! I added a Mexican flair and which paired deliciously with homemade guacamole. Which someone else brought. I need to learn how to make guac ASAP. Honestly, it just seems like a lot of work and so I have never attempted it. Anyways, here is the easiest slow cooker dip around.

Ingredients
1 package (16oz) Velveeta Queso Blanco
1 can (10oz) Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
1/2 lb Ground Sausage

Directions
Cook the sausage and drain the extra fat. Chop the Velveeta into cubes and combine with the undrained tomatoes and sausage in a slow cooker. Set heat to low for 1-2 hours. Stir and enjoy.

Using the slow cooker helps thicken the dip and enhances the richness of the flavors as they simmer. You can server with tortilla chips, veggies or in mini pastry shells. This dip is perfect to turn into nachos or quesadillas the next day. Although it is unlikely that you will have any leftover.

Told you it was the easiest potluck recipe around. It is always a favorite in our house for that very reason.

Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds so similar to a sausage dip that we make & you're right, there usually aren't any leftovers on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds yummy. Wish I would have made this yesterday for the Super Bowl.

    Chels @ Red Velvet Rooster

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.