aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Thursday, February 23, 2017

100th Birthday

Last month, we headed to Georgia to visit my grandmother and celebrate her turning 100 years old. My grandmother and I were close growing up. I only lived 5 blocks from my grandparents house until I moved away for college. My grandfather passed away from Altimeters 10 years ago. My grandmother continued to live on her own until just 3 years ago.


She lives in an assisted living facility in Peachtree City, Georgia. It's about a 45 minute drive south of Atlanta. This was Caroline's third visit to Peachtree. We drove down once at Christmas when I was pregnant and again when she was 1 month old.

This time we skipped the drive and flew into Atlanta. The trip was very easy and painless thanks to the direct flight out of Raleigh. Carrying all the extra necessities for baby was a hassle but with my parent's extra helping hands it was not too bad.


The flight is only about an hour. Caroline did great on the trip down. She loved chatting with everyone around her and staring out the window at take off and landing. The trip back was not as smooth because she had not napped all day. She only cried for a few minutes before settling down for a nap. However, those few minutes on a tiny plane felt like an eternity. Being on such a small enclosed space makes you hyper aware of others and the fact that your  baby is screaming. Even if it was only for a few minutes. 


We had a great time visiting grandmother each day. One day, we went for lunch and birthday cake in the dining room. My family also planned a big party for Saturday celebrating her 100th birthday.



We spent the rest of our trip enjoying trips to the park and doing some shopping. I would love to make it to Atlanta once to visit the aquarium. 


I am so thankful that Caroline has gotten the chance to meet her great grandmother twice now. Caroline is so sweet and gentle with grandmother almost like she knew her immediately. The resemblance between the two is remarkable. Caroline got her bright blue eyes and curly blond locks from her great grandmother for sure. 


I'm also extremely grateful that Joe was able to make the trip with us. This was his first time visiting Peachtree with my family. 






Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.