aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Five

Quite a lot happening around our house this week. Caroline has finally recovered from her first big cold. There was lots of snuggles, humidifiers and boogie suctioning over the past two weeks. Also, my parents are officially residents of Wake Forest! I am beyond grateful for two wonderful parents that have majorly downsized to move from the coast to be closer to their granddaughter. They moved just in time as Hurricane Matthew is headed up the coast. Oh and I may or may not be headed to Wilmington on Saturday for work. Oh how I hate hurricane season. Praying for the Caribbean and south eastern US this weekend. Now that y'all are al caught up here are a few things I am loving this week. 

{One} Fashion + Function. Statement necklaces are my go to as a way to pull together and dress up a basic outfit. High Strung is a local shop that features a variety of long necklaces and chunky bracelets. Since they are made from unpainted natural wood, I don't feel bad when Caroline chews on it! This horn necklace is the next one on my list. 




{Two} Healthy Crockpot Meals. On days that I work and go to the gym I come home exhausted and not in the mood to cook dinner. That is why I have fallen in love with the crockpot! Some of my favorite crockpot meals are pot roast and salsa chicken. I have been looking to expand to more healthy options and love all of these recpies by delish. Can't wait to try the Pumpkin Chili! 


{Three} Subscription Services. I just signed up for Rocksbox and am quite nervous/excited about it. I wear the same 4-5 pieces of jewelry every day plus a statement necklace or two. I have quite a few events coming up so I thought Rocksbox would be a great way to add a little bling to outfits I already have in my closet. Has anyone else tried it? I feel like I am quite late to this trend. 



{Four} Dry Shampoo. I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to my all time favorite dry shampoo by Living Proof. Dove dry shampoo has been a favorite but does not compare to the volume and lasting power of Living Proof. I am hoping to give a few a try and report back on my favorite drugstore finds. Right now I am using Toni and Guy's Texture Dry and love it! What's your fav?

{Five} Happy Friday!! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Keeping everyone on the east coast and Caribbean in my prayers as Hurricane Matthew passes through this weekend. 
  


Linking up with ClareKarliAmanda & April .
Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagramTwitter, & Facebook!


2 comments:

  1. I love crockpot meals :) I need to start doing more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crockpot meals. You'll have to let me know how the pumpkin chili goes. I tried a recipe for pumpkin chili a couple years ago and it was disappointing but I'd love to give a better recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.