aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, June 22, 2015

Weekend Snaps

I hope everyone has a restful weekend and got the chance to celebrate the dad in your life. I am thankful that we live so close to our parents and can visit easily on special weekends. This morning I am sharing the picture highlight of our weekend. If you follow me on instagram or snapchat (anm0616) you may have seen a few of these already.



Friday
Friday night Joe and I headed to Wilmington to celebrate our three year wedding anniversary. Wilmington holds a special spot in my heart as it is where Joe and I met, graduated from college, had our first real jobs and bought our first home together as newlyweds. We had dinner at one of the most unsung restaurants in the area, 22 North. 22 North is most known from the beach bar scene at Wrightsville Beach. However, it is also an amazing farm to table restaurant featuring blackboard specials that change daily. The restaurant is situated just steps away from Wrightsville beach which is where Joe asked me to marry him almost 5 years ago! We enjoyed a delicious low key dinner with fresh seafood and the best shrimp and grits.

Saturday
We spent Saturday with my parents celebrating an early Fathers Day. Visited the Blueberry Festival in downtown Burgaw that morning to beat the heat and the crowds. Once it got too hot to stand we headed into Wilmington for a late lunch at Hops Co..  We spent the rest of the day riding bikes and hanging out. It was so nice to have a relaxing day catching up on their recent trip to Alaska.

Sunday
Sunday's weather was perfect to spend the day on the water. We spent the day cruising the local islands and through the intercostal. These are my favorite days. I love being out on the water. Mom and I packed a picnic lunch to enjoy while on the water. The pups also had a blast in the salt air.

We got back to Cary late Sunday night pure exhausted but filled to the brim with great memories.

How was your weekend?

Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

5 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Three years is so exciting! We will celebrate our first anniversary in July!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible weekend and such a perfect way to celebrate your anniversary! My weekend went by WAY too fast ! But it was so much fun spending lots of time with friends and family : ) Hope you have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both comments, great way to celebrate your 3 year anniversary :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and relaxing weekend! 22 North is one of my favorite restaurants, the food is delicious! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you guys went back to somewhere so special to you to celebrate! Spending a beautiful day on the water is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.