aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Thursday, April 2, 2015

April Goals


Happy April loves! Did anyone get fooled by April fools jokes yesterday? I always forget it's April first so I had a few get past me. No joking here, promise. Today I am sharing my April goals and a quick recap of my March goals. 

I am pretty pleased with my progress on my goals for March. I just finished the Calligraphy class through Scarlet & Gold. Still need tons of practice to become fluent. I truly find spending a bit of time each evening practicing relaxing. This is something I hope to keep up through April. My second goal was to complete the 21 Day Fix. This did not happen. I did start watching what I eat and loosely followed the meal plan. I did not get in as many workouts as I had wanted. I am going to continue this goal into April. My other goals were to bake a new treat and share my meal plan for the week. I tried a few new recipes including white chocolate macadamia cookies which were amazing. I hope to share them with y'all soon. My last goal was to get a massage. I ended up getting a facial instead which was amazing! 

April Goals 

1. Improve my 5k time. My pace has hovered around a 10 minute mile since I stared running 5+ years ago. Over the past year I have been focused more on distance than pace. Once you increase distance (think marathon) your pace time dramatically increases. I really want to consistently be able to run a sub 30 minute 5k (9:40 pace). 

2. Run 3 x week. This goes right along with my first goal. I have been slack on my cardio lately. Since bikini season right around the corner I have got to get my booty in shape! I will be sharing my workout progress with y'all weekly. 

3. Pack breakfast and lunch for work. Pretty self explanatory. I often pack a salad and end up starving and raiding the vending machine. 

4. Only necessary purchases. I find myself grabbing new arrivals and unnecessary items more often than not. Especially when there is a sale. My challenge this month is to say no to sales and shop my closet. I will make one exception for Lilly at Target which I have a set budget to go by. 

5. Be active every day. My goal is to get 10,000 steps in every day. This could be a long walk, Pure Barre, a workout DVD or a run. I just got the Garmin VivoFit to track my steps so I will be using it to  motivate myself to get moving. 

What are your goals for April? I'd love to hear your favorite 5k training plan.


Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. My goals are to stop letting myself be consumed by negative thoughts. Each time a crappy thought seeps in, I zap it with a positive one. It's been working. Cheers to new beginnings in April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get more cardio and more budgeting into my routine too, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.