aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekend Rewind

When Monday arrives each week I am filled with a mix of excitement for the week ahead and longing for a bit more time to enjoy the weekend. This week is an exception as I have lots to look forward to this week as well as next weekend! Before I rush through to this week, let's recap this weekend!

Friday night after work, Joe and I headed to a friend's house for a young adults potluck dinner. I truly enjoy the small group of friends we are making here in the Triangle and look forward to getting to know other young couples in our church. I made brought fresh apple cake with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. It was delicious and the leftovers were devoured through the course of this weekend!

Saturday I completed my last long run before the Bull City Half next Sunday! Our group really pushed the pace on our six mile run which helped me really tap into my mental stamina and push through even when it got uncomfortable.

For breakfast, Joe and I tried a new to us local restaurant called Briggs. It was located in a unassuming shopping which was quite deceiving from the road. They had a range of brunch items from veggie omelettes to pumpkin pancakes. I enjoyed a veggie omelette with brie and Joe had their scramble combo. This restaurant is now in the top of our list for favorite brunch locations near our apartment. I am so glad we gave it a try!


Our filling breakfast fueled us for a day of touring homes on the parade of homes. While many were out of our price range it was great to get ideas of what we like vs don't like in a floor plan and also figure out what our must haves are in a house.

Sunday we ended up visiting more houses around our area. We are drawn to the idea of a new build but are have no idea what to expect with construction. If anyone has worked with a builder and have tips please share! After touring houses, we spent the remainder of the afternoon watching the Panthers end up in a tie with the Bengals. First time I have ever watched a football game end in a tie. Pretty anticlimactic if you ask me!

How was your weekend?

Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

1 comment:

  1. I love the parade of homes (and dreaming of being able to afford some of them haha)! We were in Raleigh Sat-Sun for a little weekend just for Sawyer and I made Josh drive us the long way down Glenwood by the Carolina Country Club just so I could look at the gorgeous home haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.