aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Friday, April 25, 2014

Five on Friday

I'm back from my vay-cay in the Caribbean. Thanks so much for the well wishes and sweet comments while I was away! My goal is to tackle importing and organizing all my photos today. So that I will be able to share pictures from my amazing trip next week!

{One} Drinking Lately. Martinis are quickly becoming my drink of choice. My favorite martini from the cruise was a Lychee Martini. I found this simple four ingredient recipe that I hope to recreate at home.


{Two} Snacking On. Fruit, fruit & more fruit. Eating countless slices of pineapple and watermelon on the cruise leaves me craving more tropical snacks. I am going to enjoy these healthy cravings while they last. This fruit salad looks so simple and easy!

{Three} Wishlist Worthy. I have been patiently waiting to get my hair cut for a while now. My stylist has been booked up for months and I have refused to go anywhere else. (I have hair trust issues, anyone else struggle with this?) I finally have an appointment and am now pondering the idea of shorter hair for summer. Let me know what you think!

{Four} Currently Reading. I picked up Dark Places before leaving for my cruise. The book was a thrilling fast paced read. The story is based on a woman who is the sole survivor of a massacre in which her brother was found guilty of the murder. I have never read a dark drama before so I was unsure how I would feel about the serious plot line. I found that surprisingly I really liked it. It is the first book I have read my Gillian Flyn and am looking to reading more of her books. I just read that a movie based on the book will be coming out in September.


{Five}Around the Corner. Tomorrow Joe and I are headed to Cleveland, NC for one of my good friends from graduate school Megan's wedding! A two of the girls from graduate school and their boyfriend/husband are staying with us tonight before we all head out Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone and dancing the night away!

Wishing you all an amazing weekend!
Signature

9 comments:

  1. Ha, I had no idea that Cleveland, NC was big enough for two weddings on the same Saturday... I'll be there for a wedding tomorrow as well! Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever want to try out someone new, I looooooooooooooooove my hair dresser! He's seriously the best. My new haircut is almost identical to your picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love criminal drama shows, like Criminal Minds, CSI: Miami, and Law & Order: SVU. I can't wait to pick up Dark Places. I love the fact that you mentioned it was fast paced. This book sounds a lot different than the YA books I read, so it will be a change! Stopping by from the link up and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have hair stylist issues, too! I've yet to find someone new in NC so have been making trips home to VA for appointments which is such a pain. Love you inspiration pic! Have a great weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely have hair trust issues, thankfully my hairdresser is one of my besties. that book sounds terrifying, lol. yummmm fruit. now im hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally have hair stylist trust issues too, I thought maybe it was just me because I have curly hair and no one seems to know how to cut it!! I've been all about the pineapple recently too! Yum! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl... I have some serious hair trust issues!! Let me tell you, major baggage, ha!! And martins are my drink of choice too!! Lychee sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that haircut and style. I'm heading to the salon tmw and I just cannot wait!!! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing wrong with being a hair snob, I've been going to the same person for 11 years... love the short cut!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.