aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Monday, November 11, 2013

Getting to Know You

A huge thanks to Ashley from A & O On The Go for nominating me for the Leibister Award. She is a girl after my own heart. She is a newlywed too with a great style and a eye for decorating. If you have not already, please check out her blog!!



The purpose of this award is to get to know more about the girl behind the blog. This award came at a great time since life around here is a bit hectic! Here's to hoping there is an end to all these boxes and everything is (somewhat) normal this week!

1. Where do you love to vacation?  Charleston is my favorite city to visit for a long weekend.  It was one of our first vacations together as a couple and we try and visit every year. I love staying downtown and being able to walk the cobblestones to all the shops , exploring the battery and the delicious restaurant and bar experiences.  

2. What is your go-to online shopping site(s)? Amazon would have to be number one. We have an Amazon Prime account which has free 2 day shipping for most products and  they have a great return policy.  Many times I will order name brand products through Amazon thanks to their free shipping and guarantees. I also frequent J Crew,  Piperlime and Ann Taylor Loft.  

3. Cat or Dog? Our precious pup Charlie  has stolen my heart over the past 6 months. He is hyperactive, needy and stubborn but, one look with his little puppy eyes and I forget all that!

4. What is one thing that few people know about you?  I was never involved in sports in school.  My hand/eye coordination leaves much to be desired.  It has also left me falling down stairs, breaking and spilling things more often than I would like to admit.  I started running my senior year of college with a couch to 5k program. 

5. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve with my dad’s family. On top of delicious food and desserts, there are always fun inside jokes and gag gifts. 

6. What is your dream job?  I love my job as a School Psychologist. It combines working with kiddos, collecting data, graphing.. insert nerd status and jazz hands. To make it my ultimate dream job, I would love to work more with pre-k or Autism students or work more with health education.  

7. Sweet or Salty?  I am a complete sweet girl. I have tried to rein it in over the years but there is no denying my weakness. Especially if the combination involves peanut butter and chocolate! 

8. What is your favorite room in your house? In our current home (apartment) it’s the living room. There are tons of windows that let in natural light in the afternoons.

9. Favorite team to follow {college or pro!} Any NC team! I have never had a connection to collegiate sports and just enjoy watching NC teams. For pro, I cheer with the hubs for the Carolina Panthers. 

10. What blogs do you enjoy reading?  I  read a wide variety  from healthy living to lifestyle to fashion so here is a snippet of my favorites. Hungry Meets Healthy, The Southen Wife, Style Me Swanky, Carolina Charm, Hello! Happiness and Keep Calm & Carry On. 

11. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging in graduate school. I was living by myself and needed something to keep my time occupied outside my studies. It was  an outlet away from 24-7 School Psychology. It has become a diary for our little life and a way to explore my fitness and fashion whims. 

Signature

5 comments:

  1. I need to get an Amazon prime account! I didn't realize all the stuff you could buy with it and the free 2 day shipping is awesome! So glad to hear you love my hometown! Charleston is a neat place! Pb and chocolate is my weakness too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon prime is the best thing ever! They really do have some amazing customer service too. I don't know who you do what you do every day at work. I'm sure it has it's ups and downs. Good for you for wishing to focus more on Autism. I'm sure it would be super frustrating, but incredibly rewarding as well. In nursing school we worked with some severely Autistic kids, and it's so hard to know if you're getting through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charleston is one of my favorite cities too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out, friend! So glad to learn more about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've only been to Charleston once, but I LOVED it, such a cute city. I hope to go back someday! And Christmas Eve is by far my favorite holiday too, I love the family traditions and emotions associated with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.