aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Island Vacation


This time next week, Joe and I will be boarding a plane and headed to St. Lucia with 4 of our college friends. This trip is something Joe has talked about doing for years and I am thrilled that is is happening. We are staying at Sandals Regency La Toc for a long weekend of relaxing and exploring St. Lucia.

When Joe brought up the idea for a trip 6 months ago, I thought there was no way I would be ready to leave our baby. While I still may not be 100% ready to leave Caroline, I know it is good for us to have some adult time. Caroline will be staying with my parents and I know it will be good for them to spend quality time together.

For this trip, we are only bringing carry-on luggage. We haven't flown since our cruise 3 years ago when they lost our luggage for several days. Needless to say, it had a huge impact on how I approach traveling and am not going to make the same mistake twice.

A sneak peak into what will be in my carry-on this trip.

My secret weapons are a light cardigan which can be used as a blanket on chilly planes and under-eye serum to hide the travel induced puffiness. This Scout bag has been the best purchase. It has so many uses. It is perfect for a carry on and then doubles as a beach bag.

You really have to prioritize liquids when planning to do only a carry-on. The must have products for me are sunscreen, spf moisturizer, hair conditioner, after sun body lotion and flex hold hairspray. I always save samples of mascara and fragrances to not take up much space. I'll pack powder foundation, makeup and solid primer. I always take advantage of hotel shampoo and body wash. Conditioner is what I won't skimp on as it always effects the quality of my hair. This infographic is perfect to make sure you don't forget a thing!



Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. Have SO MUCH FUN!!!! My husband and I almost went here for our honeymoon and I've heard nothing but good things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to Mexico in October and are doing only carry ons too! You can get TSA approved Banana Boat SPF30 packs on Amazon! And I read on another blog last week that Lush makes a shampoo and condition bars that are solids, but turn liquids when mixed with water! So that could be a potential shampoo+condition option! Let me know how all your packing goes :) Y'all are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.