aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Fitness: March 2- 8

Oh happy day! Today was a beautiful day here in NC. We were able to take Charlie on a long walk on the Tobacco Trail and enjoy lunch outside on the patio. I tried Five Guys Grill for the first time today and it was delicious. I am not a huge burger girl but I do love fries. We split a small of their Cajun fries which could have been a large. Their servings were huge!

I am now baking a batch of Cadbury mini egg brownies (recipe soon) and watching the Oscar pre-show. The Oscars my favorite award show all year. let's hope I can stay up until the end!

For meals this week we are keeping it simple with some old recipes. So, I wont bore y'all with that. I did pick up a few new items from Trader Joes that I can't wait to try and share next week!

Running, Running. This week is another build week for my marathon training. After this week, only one more build week between me and the marathon finish line!! I am so happy that this training season has been injury free so far. Crossing my fingers that with lots of stretching and cross training I can keep it that way. In preparation for my marathon, I have signed up for the Tobacco Road Half Marathon on March 16th. A few friends from Fleet Feet will be running it with me and I am looking forward to it.

This week Sarah from Sarah Fit shared a few tips on how to train for a marathon. If your interested check it out below!


I completely agree with the emphasis on the time it takes to train for a marathon. Your Friday nights are typically spent in resting and preparing and a huge chunk of your Saturday is spent out on the run. This does not account for the naps and ice baths that come along with the training!

Workouts
Sunday: Rest Day
Monday: 5 miles & Body Combat
Tuesday: Strength & group run
Wednesday: HIIT & cross training cardio
Thursday: 7 miles & strength
Friday: HIIT & Body Combat
Saturday: 18 miles


Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.