aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Friday, June 21, 2013

Five on Friday

One of the huge benefits of working for a school system is the summer break. This past week has been my first full week off of work for the summer. I have to admit I have been working hard for this break for the past month. I have spent my days week catching up on cleaning that had taken the backseat, soaked up some sun and spent quality time with our new pup Charlie. It has been so nice to just relax with no real schedule or pressing deadline. I also have been thinking about what I want to accomplish this summer during the break. For today's 5 on Friday I came up with 5 things I want to accomplish off my summer bucket list.


1. Stand Up Paddle Boarding- This sport is becoming extremely popular in my little beach town and I think it sounds like a blast!  I think the best way to describe it is a combination of kayaking on a surfboard or paddle board. There are several companies nearby that offer lessons by the hour or half-day tours.

2. Make home made ice cream. - I am a sucker for homemade ice cream. The more unique the flavor the better. I have an ice cream maker that has been gathering dust all winter. I truly need to break it out and try out new and exciting flavors!

3. Build my own planters for the porch. - Starting from scratch has been very hard with knowing what to plant and where. Our patio is a work in progress, we have made a lot of changes but there is still a long way to go!  I think these planters would bring a lot of structure and color to our bare patio.


4. Take a road trip.- I am itching for us to go on vacation. The location does not matter as much to me as the chance to get away for a long weekend with Joe. We have been throwing around heading to Charleston, Raleigh, Atlanta or Savannah in August before school starts back. I am so ready to start planning!


5. Host a cookout. - I would love to have all of our friends over this summer for a cookout. We can hang out by the neighborhood pool with drinks and grill out. No worries, just catching up and enjoying summer! 


What's on your summer bucket list?

Best wishes,

Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.