aboutfoodfashionexercisecontact

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Toddler Approved Muffins

Somewhere between 8 months and turning one year old Caroline has become quite adverse to vegetables. The only way I am getting her to eat anything green is pureeing veggies with something sweet like apples. On a whim, I decided to use up extra produce from the week into muffins in hopes that she would enjoy them. Surprise, surprise, they were a hit!



These muffins were so easy to make and my favorite part was I had all the ingredients in my pantry already!


Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 large egg
2 cups fresh spinach
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 1/2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons coconut oil (can substitute vegetable oil)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the first seven ingredients (apple sauce, egg, spinach, zucchini, bananas, honey, coconut oil) in a food processor and blend. Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients stirring until combined. Add in the vanilla extract. The batter will be dense. Add a bit of water to loosen if needed. Scoop the batter into lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 15- 17 minutes.


Signature
Like what you're reading?
Follow Sweet Carolina Belle on BloglovinInstagram, Twitter, & Facebook!

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting! I always love seeing what my readers have to say! Please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. If you have a specific question please feel free to email me at sweetcarolinabelle@gmail.com.